Friday, July 11, 2008

Kristina Werner Color Inspiration 15 - Sock Monkey Style



I love Kristina's Challenges. Her colors combinations are a really great inspiration. I wanted to use this combination with some of my Stampin Up preorder from the new catalog, so I decided to have some fun with the Sock Monkey. I used the ink from the lids of my Classic Stampin Pads picked up with my bender pen to color him in after I stamped him with Stazon Black on Watercolor paper. I loved the effect.

I also learned how to tie a tiered bow from my latest issue of Stampin Success, Stampin Up's Demonstrator only magazine. I hope you like it, and let me know what you think.




Recipe:
Stamps: Sock Monkey
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Really Rust, Au Chocolat DSP (retired)
Ink: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Satin Chocolate Chip Ribbon, 5/8" Grosgrain in Certainly Celery, Sm Oval Punch, Lg Oval Punch, Scallop Edge Punch

3 comments:

Megan said...

Love this card! I can't wait till my sock monkey set gets here! :) Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Adorable card, Susan! Love your ribbon!

Becky said...

Love the sock monkey! Great card, so fun!