Sunday, July 13, 2008

Window Dressing


I was having a hard time decided what to do with this stamp set I preordered. I really liked the concept, and it reminded me of Basket full of Fun, which was another level 3 hostess set from last fall.
I used several techniqes for this one, including wood grain, where I swiped barely banana ink over barely banana cardstock, then swiped my whisper white craft ink pad over the cardstock. Then I took my more mustard Stampin Write marker and a ruler and drew the boards.
The windows and curtains are made with vellum cardstock, and the window is popped up on dimensionals.
Here are ingredients:
Stamps: Window Dressing, Sincere salutations
Paper: Vellum Cardstock, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Watercolor Paper, Pacific Point
Ink: Pacific Point, Barely Banana, Stazon Black, white Craft ink, Chocolate Chip, More mustard Stampin Write Marker
Accessories: White grosgrain ribbon, Stampin Dimensionals
Happy Stampin'
Susan

3 comments:

Julie said...

This turned out so cute. I just got this set and can't wait to use it. Love the wood look on your background. Nice job. TFS

Linda Fisher said...

I just love your card, so creative. I am very excited to try the Wood Stain look. Might you think about posting this technique for all to see? Thank you for sharing.

Juli Smith, SU! Demo said...

This is adorable Susan - awesome job on the woodgrain.

Love & friendship, Juli