Saturday, July 05, 2008

Strawberry Blueberry Banana Jam


My mom has a strawberry box in her backyard. The other day I had my kids help me pick 4 Gallons of strawberries. Since we couldn't possibly eat them all, I got to make some jam. I love to make jam! I decided to experiment and make some strawberry-blueberry-banana jam. Let me tell you - it is delish! I think part of the reason it's so great is my mom's strawberries. They are a beautiful deep red all the way through, and aren't hollow like the ones in the store.
I went to my friend Katie's house last night, and wanted to bring her a small gift, so I used some stamps to decorate the jar. I sure hope she enjoys the jam ;o)
Strawberry-blueberry-banana jam
5 cups strawberries
1 pint blueberries
2 ripe bananas
7 cups sugar
1 package Sure-Jell
Combine all ingredients and let boil until it can't be stirred down for 1 minute. Then pack immediately in jars that have been sterilized in the dishwasher. Keep on the counter until all the lids have popped and then store for up to a year (if it lasts that long) Makes about 8-8oz jars.
*
For the decoration I used a Papertrey stamp set, and SU real red, wild wasabi, and whisper white card stock. The top is layered circles and the scallop punch. I adhered the cardstock strip to the jelly jar with sticky strip.
I hope you have fun making your own gifts. A hand stamped creation is a great way to show you care!
Susan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.